27 October, 2006

Something new


I tried something new (to me) last night - duplicate stitch. It's easy. Beats the heck out of intarsia, I can say that for sure. Here's a picture of the finished Ski Patrol Hat with the duplicate stitch cross on the front. Again, bad picture. I'm holding it in my hand so the bottom part of the first aid cross is shortened. In reality it's even with the top one. I must say it's gratifying to have a picture in one's head and to be able to make it a reality.

I think for this weekend I'm going to concentrate on finishing up the cabled raglan sweater. It goes so quickly that I am pretty sure I could finish it up, even though I've got a busy weekend. I will have all of this evening to work on it so I should easily be able to finish the first sleeve and get a good start on the second. Saturday is going to be a very busy day -- first a 5K in the morning (the Pumpkin Push), then haul more wood in from the dry cleaners and then PJ's football playoff game. The evening will be a girlie night - dinner and movie in front of the fire. So I should be able to knit my little fingers to the bone! Sunday is football and raking leaves and chores and ... knitting! If only I had a housekeeper. hah

No comments: