21 February, 2007

One more time .....

When I got onto the plane yesterday to come home from Phoenix I started sneezing and sniffling as if I were having a huge allergy attack. I couldn't figure it out - I couldn't smell any strong perfume or dust or anything at all that could have got me going like that. But as astonishing as it sounds, I seem to have caught another cold! As soon as it became apparent last evening I started up with the zinc again. It's so very annoying because I can't run when I have a cold! I barely made it up the hill on my bike this morning. And I was SO looking forward to trying out my new running shoes today. I just can't figure out how I managed to catch another cold so soon after that first one! And it had been so long since I'd had a cold anyway. My next race is 18 days away so I hope this zinc does the trick again and I can get out running Friday at the latest.

Yesterday day then was almost totally taken up with travel. Phoenix airport was busy and the security check line was nearly 30 minutes long. I wanted to work on the plane and I did manage to get some stuff done but the woman in front of me reclined all the way back and this particular plane was not very generous in the leg room department which meant that I could barely fit my laptop on the tray table. I must have been quite a picture - nose dripping, frantically trying to type away with my computer crunched up practically against my chest. I was jammed up against the window because the girl next to me turned herself in her seat so that her back was toward me and then she leaned back! Anyway .... enough with the travel whinging. We all know how ugly it is to fly these days, unless you can upgrade and even then it's no picnic.

I didn't get home until nearly 7 but I was looking forward to watching the episode of "Lost" that I had recorded last Wednesday except it wasn't on the DVR! I don't know what happened but at least I'll be able to catch up because they'll run the episode from last week before the new episode at 10. Don't know if I'll be up for the second one but at least I can make sure it records this time!

Knitting-- I worked more on the sock. Got the gusset all done and now it's just the k2p2 ribbing. No more fancy socks for me! I just love a plain sock. It flies by and there's very little thinking. Perfect portable project.

No comments: