05 June, 2007

WIP photos


I've been working on my Fitted Knits Airy Wrap-around. I finally finished the right side. Here is a close up of part of it. It's long - over 50 inches. It's very curly on the sides so I tried to straighten it out a bit so you can get an idea. Of course the detail isn't going to be very evident when it's tied but I am sure it'll add some relief from just plain knit.

And here's a picture of the how it looks so far. I hope to get the left side stitches picked up and get a start on it this evening. This shows the color a bit more realistically than the other shot. Super cute sweater and I think it's going to be very wearable and useful with a little tank underneath. I am going to have tons and tons of this angora blend mohair left over. It's very soft, as you might imagine.

I had a super great run yesterday but I somehow injured myself. I don't know what is the underlying cause but I noticed it as I was biking up hill on the way home yesterday - a very VERY sharp pain in my rear! It subsided and then happened again as I was walking up the stairs from the basement. I mean, it was so electrifying and painful that I nearly blacked out. NOT good. I'm treating myself with a heating pad and anti-inflammatory meds, no biking or running today and we'll see how tomorrow looks. I had practically no sleep last night. I have had enough experience with "athletic" injuries that I know enough now to rest it and work on the inflammation. It's just annoying with all the great 5Ks out there and I can't run them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! How are you feeling now? Better, I hope! The airy wrap around is really cute! I think I may need that book.