19 April, 2010

It's good to feel good says Simple Shelley

I had an awesome run around the lake this weekend. The weather was fantastic and I was feeling great. I made the entire lake in 33 minutes!! That is HUGE! That means that I should be able to break 36 minutes at this race. I'll just do a couple easy runs this week and be ready to tear it up next Sunday.

I had a glorious quiet day on Saturday. The sleeves are coming slowly slowly as sleeves have a tendency to do. I always forget how long it takes. It doesn't seem that sleeves should take so long but they're a big piece of the garment and I am doing both at the same time. I think I have about 50 more rows to go. Maybe by the weekend I'll be done. I did not pick up the dress. The weather is getting nicer and I should really get that finished.

Had a good rehearsal this weekend as well. Doug has a line on a keyboard player. He's going to come to rehearse with us next Saturday. That should be fun. I hope he can sing.

Today I've got to get my mitigation statement written and FAXed in to the Municipal Court. This is in answer to that ridiculous speeding ticket I got in January. It's a complete racket, this speed trap. Once a week they station a van about a block away from the school zone blinking light. The person running the camera in the van sets up two sandwich signs along the road a block or two before the van, essentially extending the zone by two blocks. Only on one side, mind you. They set the school zone sign blinking a full 45 minutes before school starts. Do you know any elementary children who come to school 45 minutes early? I have NEVER seen a child at that time of the morning. It's entrapment, pure and simple. And the fine? $189!!! It really makes me mad.

No comments: