04 June, 2010

Relentless!

OMG! I cannot believe how much rain has fallen and continues to fall. Yesterday was pretty nice and I could have ridden my bike in to work but I had forgotten that I had to work from home because of some laborers Mr. M had hired to do some weeding. They are not gardeners and lucky I was there to save several flower beds from annihilation. They were working in partial sunshine. And I was ready to get back on my bike this morning except for the fact that it was pouring rain. I am more than ready for some decent weather.

I have been continuing the daily doses of Naproxen in hopes the inflammation will go away and I can once again knit knit knit. I did just a few rows of the Mirasol cardigan last night. My thumb is sore and I know it's from all the purling. The shoulder is getting better. I stopped after a couple of rows and put it down (harder than you think) and watched a movie - "It's Complicated". Light, funny and it kept my mind off the fact that my hands were idle. I should probably cast on for the Solstice skirt and switch back and forth. The Solstice skirt is done in the round - no purling.

I have a big party to do tomorrow. I got manipulated - sorry, that's the only word to use - into giving a party for 20 people to celebrate Mr. M's youngest daughter's engagement. Yes, twenty people and nearly half of them are children or young adults. The weather is supposed to be decent tomorrow and it has been clearing up in the evenings. I definitely don't want herds of unknown (to me) children running around my house or being upstairs unsupervised. I want them all outside or at least visible. I'm not a big fan of children in the first place and rowdy or undisciplined children made me crazy. Well behaved children I like. It just seems that it's harder and harder to find parents who make it a priority to teach their children manners! Or am I just getting old? My nephew's children are great examples of kids whose parents made manners a priority. At their youngest you could take them to a restaurant and they were quiet and respectful. Those are the types of kids I like. Rude, loud, unruly - not a big fan of those traits. I am well stocked up on wine. I will have the Wii up and running to keep a few of them busy. I can do a lot of the prep work tonight for the food, which is going to be simple. At first I was wanting to do something nice and interesting for myself but then I realized the make up of the guest list and decided to go very simple. Wish me luck.

No comments: