26 July, 2010

That's more like it

We've got summertime!  Woohoo!  It was nice all weekend, and we are looking at a complete week of good weather!  I sure hope it sticks around.

Saturday I started my day in the back garden where I filled three cans with weeds!  Three!!  And I hardly made a dent.  My in-laws brought over a guy Saturday evening to look at the yard and he's going to be doing cleanup as a birthday gift.  I am very happy about that.  He's coming back this evening to take a walk around the gardens with me, since I wasn't there on Saturday evening.  That was my annual high school golf tournament and BBQ.  I went up there after the golf -- you know, I really should have golfed even though I'm bad.  But anyway I had so much fun connecting with my old friends even though we are mostly all on Facebook.  It's nice to have face to face time.  They all ate around 4 when they got off the links which was way too early for me.  But as luck would have it a few of them decided to go out to eat later so I went home and got Mr. M and we headed back up to Everett to meet a group for dinner.  Talk about a small world.  When we walked into the restaurant the son of one of my old classmates said hello to Mr. M!  They know each other because the young one works for Hollywood Lights.  Pretty funny.

Because of the evening I had planned I couldn't rehearse.  They did it without me - fine with me.  And I also will have next weekend off from rehearsing because the drummer is going out of town this Wednesday for a week.  I'll have to plan something nice for myself this coming weekend.  Our guest will be leaving Thursday.  Hopefully Mr. M is working and I can have a nice quiet weekend.

The new Interweave Knits came Friday and I found not one but two sweaters in there that I can't wait to make!  I would even use the suggested yarn for one of them, except it's alpaca and it makes me itch something fierce, so I'll have to start searching for an appropriate substitute.  I love the colors in the Cloisonne Jacket.  I like the Leyfi Pullover not only for the design but it calls for laceweight cashmere held along with a merino yarn which I believe would make an awesome fabric. 

No comments: