14 September, 2010

I'm not a big fan of mediocre

A couple of years ago a restaurant in my neighborhood burned down.  It had been there a long time and had been known for it's breakfast, which always drew a huge crowd, and the music - typically R&B and a wonderful place to go dance the night away.  A kind of dive bar, I guess you could say.  But it had character and it was a lot of fun.  They never re-built on the old spot but rather chose to relocate a couple of blocks away in a new structure.  They were selling $30 worth of food and drink for $15 on the weekend and so I thought, what the heck let's give it a try.  And that's what we did last night.  It is a very sterile environment.  I wasn't impressed.  The service was bad and the food was mediocre.  Maybe because it was a Monday night?  Although there were people there watching the Monday Night Football so .....  The menu had only 5 entrees besides sandwiches and they didn't have the one I wanted.  I settled for some ravioli and they were barely edible.  If I hadn't been starving I most likely wouldn't have eaten them.  Ah well ... live and learn.

I drove all four days of last week because I had to be in early every day but yesterday we had no class in the morning and I was dying to ride in, so even though I had to bring my laptop I did just that.  My new panniers are large enough for the laptop and all of the other stuff I need to bring in but oh my goodness, that extra weight was killer!  I didn't notice it too much on the way in because it is more downhill riding but on the way home .... gasp!  Plus there was a headwind.  I had to really work to get up those hills.  Not fun.  On the good side, I felt like I was flying this morning since I wasn't carrying it.

Little knits has some 100% cashmere lace weight yarn on sale.  I am trying trying trying to resist.  I am weakening as I type.  Maybe just one skein.  I'll see what I can make with 350 yards.  [Go ahead, call me an addict, but who doesn't love cashmere?]

No comments: