08 December, 2011

No chocolate chips in fruit cake!

I had another of those delicious little fruit cakes but this one .... hmmmm .. it had chocolate chips!  The cake was wonderful but the addition of chocolate chips just made it wrong.  Two more to go.  The mince tarts are still safe and snug, just waiting for the right moment.

I had to break down and put the down comforter on my bed last night.  It is so cold!  Also dark, of course, being that time of year.  It is all I can do to stay out of the bed, especially when I'm in such a stressed state.  All I want to do is climb into my cozy bed and read, which I did last night but at least I managed to stay up until 9 before I did it!  I worked on the convertible mittens, doing the hardest bit, which is starting the top. 

There is too much work to do and not enough time to do it, all of a sudden.  This is truly unusual for me but at least I'm good at prioritizing.  And one of the first things I need to get done today is get my tickets for Hawaii squared away.  Then I'll have that to look forward to as I fight my way through December.  I don't even think I'm going to be able to run today because of appointments with students.  That always helps.  I'll have to make sure I get it done tomorrow.

I started a new audiobook today - the first in the Shardlake series.  I finished "The Marriage Plot" yesterday on the way home.  It was a sad book.  I didn't want to take any chances with another sad book, so this is perfect.



No comments: