21 March, 2012

Midweek lull

Usually on Wednesday I am a little disappointed that I can't fit a run in at lunchtime because of knitting.  But not today.  Both Monday and yesterday the wind was blowing at lunchtime .. well, all day really .. and my run was a chore and a half!  Yesterday was full in the face to start so by the time I turned around and headed back I was beat.  It will be nice to have a rest today.  Of course, it's still outside. The wind finally blew itself out.  I tried to open the window last night in my bedroom but had to close it right back up because it was really blowing and storming outside.

I have been wanting a new book to read.  I have one by my bed that I have picked up and started twice, but each time I get to a spot where the protagonist is about to humiliate himself in the worst way and I just can't get past it!  One of my friends yesterday suggested "The Hunger Games" which I have been seeing ads for lately since the film version is coming out soon.  She couldn't put it down, so I popped on to Amazon.com and one click and the entire trilogy was downloading onto my  iPad.  I had a good hour or so read last night and she's right, I am enjoying it so far.  It's not my typical read since I lean more towards historical fiction and mysteries, but definitely it has caught my attention.

I did just a little bit on the Whisper Cardigan last night.  I have brought it with me for noon knitting today.  I am nearly to the place where I start the second sleeve but I just wasn't in the mood to do some fiddly measuring thing last night.  It's better at noon in a well lit room with other knitterly help available.

No comments: