20 April, 2012

A swan nesting

Yesterday evening the rain stayed away and it was just beautiful. The taxi ride to dinner took us past some fabulous spring gardens in bloom. The restaurant was historic and beautiful and just perfect. (oooo thunder!) Clouds rolled in again in the night but the morning was a perfect spring day. I decided to walk to the park and just see where I would end up. At one point I was by the Round Pond .. I think that was it, but maybe the Serpentine something. Anyway, I came upon this magnificent sight. Oh shoot! I just realized I can't add pictures when I am posting from my iPad. I will do it separately. The swans were very frisky this morning. Except for the one on the nest. I went through the park and found myself at Harrod's. But that place is so huge. Every time I go in I last about 10 minutes, then give up and go back outside. The weather was still nice so I kept walking and ended up in Chelsea, where I had lunch. Then the weather came and I decided taking a taxi back to the hotel would be a prudent move, even though I did bring the umbrella. Now I will rest a bit, then maybe knit until the rain stops again. It won't be a late night since I have a big travel day tomorrow and need to be at the airport around 9 am.

No comments: