13 August, 2012

Weekends just fly by

Here it is Monday morning already and I don't feel as if I've even had a weekend!  No fair!  I did plenty, but I'm sleepy.  I think Mondays should be half days so you can play all you want on the weekend and then have a sleep in Monday morning.  I'm going to propose that .....

I brought Tink with me Friday because I had a hair appointment.  As usual she got her fill of tummy rubs.  I had ordered a couple of books from Amazon last week and they came Friday.  I wasn't expecting them until this week, so it was a wonderful surprise and I got home in time to pick them up from the office.  I bought the Knit Noro: Accessories: 30 Colorful Little Knits  and Victorian Lace Today.  I have seen both of these books and just fell in love with the projects, so I treated myself.  There are so many fantastic projects in both of them.  That's all I could do this weekend - look at knitting.  Because it was WAY too hot to pick anything up.

A guy came over at 6 to pick up the chaise.  He came alone, but it wasn't a heavy piece of furniture so I helped him with it.  Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in the elevator so we had to carry it down the stairs.  And it was slippery!  I was a puddle by the time we got that thing loaded.  One down, two to go.  I got the desk and dining table listed Sunday night. 

Saturday was the golf tournament (hah) and reunion dinner.  It ended up to be a super fun time.  I just wish there had been more people but I found out that the previous year's class had a golf tournament the day before AND had a big reunion dinner that Saturday, and that as well as the multi-class picnic a few weeks ago ... well, there are only so many things one can attend.  I got grief for once again not golfing, but as I explained it ... what was I supposed to do?  Golf with three strangers?  I got promises from several of the women that they would golf next year for sure, and somehow I ended up volunteering to do it again!!  I was drafted.  But we ... those of us there .. chose a weekend for next year and I'm going to make it a year long project.  Get people thinking about it now and putting it on there agendas now. 

The Seahawks played very well Saturday night - I got home just in time.  We beat Tennessee where not only our ex-quarterback plays, but several other of our ex-players and the Huskies QB from last year was drafted there.  He did well but not good enough.  Here's to a big year for the Seahawks!

Sunday was hot again but I had to get some serious housecleaning done and I am proud to say I did.  Cleaned the whole place top to bottom.  I hate housework and it never gets truly bad, but you know there are some chores that are much worse than others - for example, spot cleaning the carpet.  My carrot was a little trip to the mall.  I didn't go crazy, but I had to pick up a gift my sister had sent me and I picked up a couple of summer dresses, since it's that late in the season when everything is on sale.  All my chores were finished by 6:30 when I finally collapsed on the couch.  I truly meant to pick up those socks and get them finished but I just watched some silly TV instead.

Today I am going to register for the Iron Girl 5K.  I will have exactly four weeks to get ready for it so no more excuses!  I must run 4 times a week as well as workouts at home after work.  I am determined to get a better time this race.  I'd really like to be first in my age group this year!

No comments: