14 November, 2013

Ridiculous people

I marvel sometimes at the pure idiocy of some people.  Or ... what is the word?  Maybe not idiocy, maybe a death wish.   It is something I've seen happen again and again, usually at the Transit Center.  Basically the transit center is a long island set with six bus stops - little shelters with benches - and surrounded by parking lots.  To get from the parking lots to the island there are four cross walks.  A bus only go one way around the island, and of course they are going slowly.  But would you step out in front of a bus without looking?  If it was moving?  I cannot tell you how many times I have seen people do that.  Not even wait for a second at the crosswalk, but just step out right in front of the bus, causing the driver to slam on the brakes if the person has, say, just run out of nowhere (like the parking lot) and across the street.  Obviously the bus drivers are aware of these idiots and their tendencies so they seem to take it with a certain amount of stoicism.  People!  What if the bus driver is looking away for a millisecond and doesn't quite register that someone has darted out in front of him?  I swear, some mornings I just wish for a little bump.  Not enough to kill somebody, but just a reality check.

There - I feel somewhat better.  I had SUCH a frustrating evening yesterday.  I had finished up the Juneberry Triangle during noon knitting.  I so wanted to block it but that is something better left to the weekend (not that I'm likely to have any appreciable free time this weekend either).  I decided I would roll the two latest YarnBox yarns, the Afghan Hound, and start the Ombrellone.   I did all my chores and set up my swift and ball winder and rolled the first skein, no problems.  Well, I did have to oil up my swift, but otherwise no problems.  The second one - the beautiful blue one - was a mess!  I've never had this happen before but I guess perhaps I wasn't paying strict attention when I put it on the swift.  I tried to fix it but I could not and ended up getting less than half on the ball winder and the other half having to do by hand, passing the ball under and over the twisted threads.  That got me in a terrible mood, as you might imagine.  I was able to calm down a bit and get the Ombrellone started.  I think I got about 15 rows in.  That yarn - wow.  It is going to have an incredible drape and the sheen is out of this world. 

I have also been having dreams.  Dreams about travel.  I have gotten my Thanksgiving trips so deeply ingrained in me that when I have to miss, well this is what happens.  Dreams.  Frustrating ones.  Last night I couldn't find the wee little piece of paper I had written my return flight information on.  In reality of course I have that information on my iPhone and memorized, etc. etc.  But in my dream I needed to find that paper and I had no idea at all when my flight was taking off.  I'm a mess this morning.

No comments: