22 September, 2014

Misty morning

It wasn't supposed to be rainy today but the ground was wet when I left and it was misting quite a bit by the time I got to the bus.  And me with no umbrella.  But it is also quite warm so I don't mind. 

What a nice weekend I had.  I did indeed sleep in Saturday AND Sunday and it was gorgeous and everything I wanted it to be.  I did a little running around Saturday, a little shopping.  I found a very cute top to wear Saturday night and finally found a warm bathrobe.  Last week I downloaded the latest software for my iPhone and Saturday started the update for my iPad when I took a little nap before getting ready to go out.  But I noticed that the iPad got stuck and wanted me to plug it into iTunes.  Really?  So there went the nap -- I got up and turned on my laptop, having forgotten that the PC laptop has outdated software because I hadn't been using it.  As soon as this course is done I'm going to take my MacBook Air home to use as my work-from-home computer, but in the meantime I've got this clunky PC to deal with.  It was a frustrating hour and I finally gave it up and got ready to go out.

Dinner was at an Italian restaurant and I had some of the best linquine Puttanesca I have had in a long long time.  It had a little heat, just enough anchovy and it was yummy!  And some nice Chianti to go with.  As I suspected, the jazz wasn't jazz at all, but a very good guitar player with an impressive synthesizer so that his guitar could sound like any instrument, and then recorded background bass and drums.  It was fun and the company was nice.

Sunday I tackled the iPad update again, after setting up a new DVD Blu-Ray player with internet connection.   I got Amazon Prime and Netflix and HuluPlus all up and running.  Nice.  Anyway, after innumerable updates I finally got the iTunes to recognize the iPad and then it was wiped clean and couldn't find any of the backup.  Good heavens.  At least I remembered what had happened with my iPhone and plugged it into a wall socket rather than my computer and got it restored.  It took hours and hours but I have everything back finally, as it was.

The Husky game on Saturday was good, and the won.  The Seahawks also won - it was a rematch of the Superbowl and it went into overtime.  A nail biter.  And it looks like I'm going to win my matchup this week as well.  Woohoo!  My opponent has one guy, but that guy has to get more than 30 points and it is rather unlikely.  Not impossible, but unlikely.  Fingers crossed.

And another week starts.  I didn't get home until after 7 on Friday.  This week will be easier.

No comments: