06 October, 2014

Odd little observations on getting older

First - I hate it.  Well, not all of it.  I love not caring at all what other people think.  That's wonderful.  But other parts of it - not so much.  One of the things is hair.  As in, grey hair.  So you get your hair highlighted to start with and when that's not doing it you move on to all over color.  And that works fine but having dark hair I notice that the roots are more noticeable and rather quickly at that.  What's the next move?  You have two - you can chose to go natural and therefore grey.  Or you can lighten your hair color so that the roots are not quite as noticeable.  That's where I went.  Rather than just having face framing foils I had my new hairdresser do my foils all over my head.  So now I'm lighter - not blond exactly but not all brown either.  It will take a bit of getting used to, but I like the change just to shake things up.

I dearly wanted to sleep in Saturday but there was too much going on.  Tink got her hairdo, I got mine and then time to pick her up and me to change clothes and it was off to Frank and Shannon's.  I was hoping it wouldn't go long but that was not the case and there was no time left for tomato picking or anything much at all but watching some college football.  I also had some work to do.  The final exam was on Friday but a few students failed so I couldn't post the grades until Saturday afternoon.  And today we have a re-exam for three students so I'll be home late again.  And Monday Night Football is the Seahawks.  It's recording.

I was hoping the nightmares would be done now that the class is done, but that's not the case and I had another screaming nightmare Saturday night and another, though not screaming, last night.  Do I need a relaxing day?  Oh yes.  A relaxing week is more like it, but not in the cards right now.  I don't think it would be so bad if I hadn't gotten another cold -- which by the way is hanging on still.  I so want to start running again this week but not until the cough is gone. 

We are having an incredible Indian Summer!  It was positively hot yesterday so rather than bring in the outdoor furniture and winterize I enjoyed the weather for as long as I could.  I even knit outside for a while until the late game was on.  I nearly won my fantasy this weekend - nearly.  I am disappointed because it was so close.  I won the close one last week though. 

Well -- I must dig in and get an exam ready.  It's going to be nice today at least.

No comments: