08 September, 2006

He's back ... or he never left!

My scary, crazy neighbor was out watering his planter box when I got back from visiting my Dad last night. Eeeeuuuuuwwww! I was SO hoping he'd be long gone. The car(s) are gone from the front of the house but that doesn't mean anything since they can park cars in the back and often have one of their 2 back there. Maybe she's gone and he stayed? I don't know ... that doesn't sound right since he was alluding to the fact that he wouldn't be around anymore, I think. He just smiled and waved like we hadn't had that bizarre interaction a few days ago.

I feel like I can take a deep breath this morning. I don't have people lined up at my office door, I don't have anyplace I need to be this morning either. Just me and my computers and tons of work to do, but I can spare a few minutes to blog. It was a chilly ride in this morning and it is very cloudy, almost looks like rain. Hopefully it'll hold off until I get my run done. It's kind of nice for a change. If it's icky this weekend I won't feel bad about just hanging around the house knitting and watching football. Tomorrow the Huskies are going to play Oklahoma on national TV. Not a good thing considering how the Huskies have been playing these past few years. On the other hand, it would be a nice way to stage a comeback. And then Sunday -- tada! The Seahawks start their regular season in Detroit.

Last night I almost finished the ribbing on my Green Gable. Tonight I should be able to bind it off and do the sleeves and I'll be able to wear it next week. I want to start my Ogee Tunic this weekend. I am going to do the sleeves first, both at the same time. That way I can get used to the first motif and recheck my gauge without committing to the front. I know I would hate to rip out the front of the garment but the sleeves -- not such a big deal. I was itching to knit on something different last night and almost started "Fetching" but I wanted to use two size 6 circulars rather than the dpns and the second 6 was being used by my Green Gable so I buckled down and worked on that instead. I only have two WIPs - my Crusoe-esque socks and the GG. I could also start the plain sweater I'm going to make with my Noro but I don't think it's a good idea to have two BIG projects at a time. One sweater, one pair of socks and a little something else -- tank or fancy hat or like that. (Who says there are no rules in knitting?)

No comments: