03 December, 2009

Finally

I got back on the bike today! Finally!! It was cold this morning - 31 degrees - but clear and beautiful so I togged up, put a scarf on my face to protect from the wind chill and set out. I've been here for an hour now and still my legs are a bit cold, but otherwise I feel great! No ache in the chest. No coughing. Gosh, maybe I'm well.

I didn't run yesterday because of knitting but Tinkerbell got a nice long walk when I got home. I have to steel myself and get back out there and run. I believe that since I was so sick for the last ... what ... month? ... I was training, that I should feel like I have wings on my feet when I get back out there. I think I'll sign up for the 5K on February 13 - the day before we leave to go on our cruise. Maybe I can beat my time from last year. Believe it or not, that is the last race I ran! The Love 'em or Leave 'em last February. I was going to run in March but a) it was snowing and b) I'd had a cold. Ah well ...

I did finish up the cashmere mitts last night and instead of starting on a beret to match I pulled out some other yarn and started on another hat with tassels. It's great TV knitting and I was watching some recorded stuff and didn't want to mess with an unknown pattern.

It's pretty nice today, but since it's still clear it's cold. There was ice on some of the puddles next to the trail this morning. I sure hope we don't get another winter like last year.

No comments: