10 December, 2009

Getting into the holiday spirit

Yesterday I took the afternoon off and went shopping. I have been wanting to go to Costco just to look around. In other words, I didn't have anything in mind present-wise, but I wanted to look and I absolutely cannot stand to go on the weekends. It's just too crammed full of humanity for me. Anyway, I had a great time! I founds lots of gifts and even a few things for myself, like a wonderful running/bike top and some slippers and 2 dozen red roses (*very* Christmas-y). Since I'm going to be in California for 4 days I'm going to do my shopping for my nephews down there so I don't have to bring it with me, but I got well over half of the gifts for people up here taken care of yesterday! I need to get organized though. I have to finish Kelli's cowl, which I can do tonight. Then I have one more striped tassel hat to make and a hat and scarf out of chunky yarn. That will fulfill the gift knitting and if I happen to have more time after finishing those things then that'll be bonus. I think I'm in pretty good shape, actually.

Next week is going to be SO busy. I am going to have to be super organized. I think it's going to call for lists and lists and more lists. As long as it doesn't snow, things should run smoothly. It is 15 degrees this morning but still forecasting a warming up tomorrow. Unfortunately it is also forecasting some precipitation on Sunday. Fingers crossed it's not snow!

No comments: