11 October, 2010

Blisters from knitting??

Oh what a great day I had Saturday!!  I got up and out at a very reasonable time and got my nails out of the way quickly.  I was ready to shop and got to the mall before it was packed.  You know how sometimes when you go shopping you can't find a single thing?  And other times .... watch out.  This was one of those times.  Everything I tried on with the exception of one dress, one top and one pair of pants worked out at the first stop.  And similar luck at the second.  I had to stop after that - for clothes that is.  Then I went on to DSW and found the absolutely BEST pair of boots ever!  I stopped at Bath and Body Works for a couple of prizes for the baby shower games and then made a stop at the party store for more things for the shower.  What a mistake that was (not that I had a choice).  Display and Costume was super busy because of Halloween, even though it's weeks and weeks away.  And I have to go back next Saturday to pick up the balloons.  At least it'll be early.

So after all that shopping I stopped to pick up a pizza to bake for dinner,  then home to reorganize the closets.  Since I had done such a thorough job this spring I didn't have much of a fall wardrobe so I really  needed this shopping trip.  I go the closets switched and all the new clothes in place and I felt SO good!  I even had time to do some knitting on the fancy shawl before the football game.  It was pouring rain and Jake Locker had been sick with the flu all week.  The Huskies lost and they lost ugly.  Very disappointing.

So, about the blisters from knitting.  I've been working on the Coquille Shawl and while I was clothes shopping Saturday I noticed that my thumb was slightly blistered.  I had been knitting Friday night on that project.  The yarn is a bit rough and the needles are small (oh when will I learn NOT to knit scarves/shawls on teensie weensie needles??).  I really didn't think my thumb could be blistering from knitting but I paid attention yesterday and indeed, that's what is happening.  I'm going to have to try it with a band aid tonight and see if that makes a difference.

We went to dinner to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving last night.  I got to bed at a very decent hour, watched a program on TV and was asleep by 10:30 or so.  And then I woke up and I was awake for hours.  There is so much going on.  I've got to make some lists so I can make it through this week without insomnia again.  I just hate that.  And I'm tired.  Nothing I can do about it now but I'm going to keep some Benadryl by my bed tonight.

No comments: