07 October, 2010

Getting near the end

Things have been SO busy here but the end is in sight.  I had an early meeting yesterday and, since the weather is still decent, I wanted to ride in.  So I got everything ready the night before and was able to get up, showered and out the door in record time.  I got to work before eight so I could cool off and have a cup of tea before heading to my meeting.  I had slept quite well the night before even though I stayed up later than usual.  I wanted to start another project Wednesday night since the little blanket was done, so I sat down right after dinner and got started.  Mr. M had a finished theatre to enjoy so he was off watching something or other and I sat there for over 3 hours.  I am doing the Coquille Shawl from Knitty's early fall.  I would call it a large scarf rather than a shawl.  The construction is intriguing and is perfect for the Noro Kureyon sock yarn I got recently.  I was going to take a quick picture this morning but it's still rather small and looks more like a curl or a ruffle.  I will later when it's larger.

Yesterday's ride home was lovely.  I was supposed to be having dinner alone but Mr. M's business dinner turned out to be a quick meeting instead.  I was anxious to get back to the new project so I threw together something easy and spent a little while on it.  Wednesday night is "Inside the NFL" - a program I enjoy immensely.  I had gotten the hang of the new pattern so I was able to watch and knit.  I need all the football pointers I can get.  I have GOT to get something going with my fantasy league.  My primary Yahoo fantasy league, the public one, I am first now.  The other one with my nephews I am dead last.  I have been making adjustments and need to make a few more before this Sunday.  I was  going to put Randy Moss up for trade but then he was traded to the Vikings yesterday and you know that Brett Favre is going to be throwing to him all day long.  Maybe I'll get some points finally.

Even though this is only Thursday I am already looking forward to the weekend.  Yes, it's going to be raining and ugly.  But I don't care.  I am going to have all of Saturday to myself and I'm going to get my nails done, and do some shopping.  I need some fall clothes and a new rug for the kitchen.  And then in the afternoon I'm going to knit and later the Huskies will be on TV.  Oh it's going to be fabulous!  Also I've found 3 people I"m going to call to come make bids on the patio project.  I cannot wait to get that started.

But it's two long and full days left to go before the weekend. 

No comments: