12 January, 2012

Six digits -- 357420

I had to get to the bottom of the mysterious delayed Christmas card.  I couldn't believe that the USPS or UK postal service would take weeks to process an airmail letter so I was leaning more and more towards it being the fault of the UW mail delivery service.  I saw the mail delivery woman in the hall and told her the story and, since we were near my office, I showed her the envelope which clearly has my name and my office number.  "Oh, well there's no box number there.  That's why.  It needs a box number".  And she was snotty about it!!  So it took someone (or several more likely) more than two weeks to crack that very difficult code of name and office number and put them together to get the department's box number?  All they would have to do is go online and search my name and find the department name!  Which is probably what they did but it took them two weeks to get around to it!!  Crazy.  But mystery solved at any rate.

It's cold and clear again this morning.  I had to drive in because there is a branch hanging over into the parking area from the next property and a tree service is coming to cut it down this morning.  My car is one of the 20 that needed to be moved from 8 to 10, so I figured I'd just drive in this morning.  I turned the car on, and locked it and then took Tink for a nice walk and then when I got back from putting her in the apartment the car was frost free and toasty warm. 

It is whale migrating season in Hawaii, I just found out yesterday.  I am SO excited because I have never been there during the migrating season and I've always wanted to see it.  There are several tours a day from Kona so one of the first things I'm going to do when I get there is book a whale watching cruise.  I can't wait! 

Things are falling into place.  I've got a few more details to take care of and then I'll only have one rather large chore to fulfill when I'm away.  Because of that I'm going to have to take my laptop with me, so I'm taking my new MacBook.  I got a smaller, lightweight computer case for it.  I didn't want to lug anything else on board with me but it can't be helped.  I can't put it in my suitcase so I'm going to have to lug it. 

No comments: