21 June, 2012

A July gig

My guitar playing friend, Gregg, called last night with some great news.  He was speaking to the guy who put together the benefit we played at last year and we have been invited back and he wants us to give us more time!  He also said we could be a band rather than a duo.  This is awesome news!  Gregg was calling to tell me that he has gotten commitments from a bass player, drummer and a second guitar player as well.  I am just so happy!  Now we have to put together a set and they'll start working on it while I'm on vacation.  Then when I get back we'll have three weeks to get it down.  That just made my day. It is going to be so much fun and this band will be so much better than the one with Doug.  Not that Doug isn't a fine guitar player but his singing leaves much to be desired.

On the itch front .... no big improvement yet.   But it isn't worse.  I guess that's something.  Heat really does amplify the problem so I am hoping that I am calmed down by the time we hit Arizona because it is 90 in Flagstaff.

At noon knitting yesterday I  put the last sleeve into my cardigan and last night I tried out the edging on a pocket.  It is SO cute.  I am going to try my best to finish up the edging tonight.  I don't think I'll have time to do all of the finishing before I leave for the weekend.  Instead of normal blocking this one needs to be pressed through a damp towel.  I will probably have to wait until I get back from California.

It's still nice and warm today.  It'll be shorts running for sure.  There are so many wonderful smells along the trail now.  I can smell the wild fennel and the wild roses the strongest.  Then there are California poppies blooming, which don't have an odor, and Queen Anne's Lace.  And of course the blackberries are starting as well. 

I sent an email to my house sitter last evening and haven't heard back from her.  That makes me a bit nervous.  I guess I should give her a call today.  I booked her for this weekend and then all the time I am on vacation.  If she flakes on me ..... well, no need to go down that path now.  I'll talk to her today.


No comments: