15 October, 2012

Now we're back to normal

Finally after a long and dry spell, we are back to our normal autumnal weather - cloudy and rainy.  The temperature is still quite mild but definitely not dry.  I don't mind actually.  I heard the swish of car tires on wet streets and it was a very cozy sound.

Friday before I left work I made all my reservations for my trip in November.  And good thing too, because even as I was searching for airfare the prices went up!  Seriously - I had a search with a fare listed and when I went back to it about three  hours after the initial search it said the results were no longer valid and they had gone up - same flight - over $50.  So I definitely got right on that.  And next day they were up over $100 more.  The only thing I have left to book today is my flight from Luxembourg to London because Luxair requires passport number and I didn't have that with me.  So - today I will be done and now all I have to do is wait.  Piece of cake.

Last week was a long, hard week.  I was happy to relax Friday after work with a nice dinner and a little silly TV.  Saturday was chock full of errands and I needed to be up and out by 8.  Tink had a grooming appointment at 8:30, so I picked up a coffee and off we went - no traffic at all.  In fact, it was so quiet and calm that I got to my nail salon 15 minutes before they opened!  After the mani pedi it was off to finally pick up my second box of contact lenses that I have been waiting for, then to the hair salon.  Yes - a completely girly day.  Finally I stopped by the mall and that was when the traffic started getting insane.  I don't know what was going on.  The only thing I could come up with is that people have been enjoying this crazy good weather for so long that when a bad weekend day arrived they all flocked to the mall to catch up on their shopping!  I had to park WAAAAAY far away and I only got that spot because I happened to drive by when someone was pulling out.  It was totally worth the search though because I found a skirt that I have been coveting was on sale and they had my size, plus I got a really cute pair of pants and a new top.  Nice score.  At that point it was 2 o'clock and time to head back to pick up Tink.  The trip that took me less than 10 minutes at 8:15 that morning took me 35 minutes!  It was bumper to bumper traffic.  Crazy. 

While I was out running errands my big oak desk had been removed from my office.  Hoorah!  Now I only have the books to finish getting rid of and clean the closets ... no, I didn't ever get around to it this summer.  But since I have decided that I'm not going to force myself to move at the end of November I feel better.  I have plenty of time. 

I went out and heard a really fun trio Saturday night.  I needed cheering up because the Huskies lost in a terrible game to USC.  The Seahawks more than made up for that on Sunday by beating the Patriots in an AWESOME game.  So I got the best of both words on Sunday - Brady made my fantasy team some good points and they lost.  I have won my fantasy matchup again this week.  I can hardly believe it and if I'm having a hard time, my nephews and their friends must be going crazy.  The football this week was accompanied by a lot of knitting.  The Argosy wrap is maybe two weeks away from being done.  Less if I put some effort into it.  I'd love to finish it up this week.  That's my goal.


No comments: