19 March, 2014

Better and better

Yesterday I put my running shoes on and walked up to Trader Joe's, which is 1 and 1/4 mile from my office.  It was awesome!  I didn't have any pain at all -- well, not true.  There was a little bit of pain but it was completely tolerable.  I didn't want to over do it so I took the bus back, even though I could have easily walked back as well.  I don't even count Tinkerbell's walks but last night we covered a bit of ground as well.  This is such great news.  Today I didn't want to wear flat boots so I wore boots with a little heel and, I must admit, that was not the thing to do.  I made it to the bus and from the bus to the office but my foot was starting to get sore, so I took them off as soon as I got into my office and I shall put my running shoes on for the rest of the day.  I can't see my physical therapist in those boots.  She'll kill me.  I just wanted to see how I was doing in that regard.  I think I have a couple more weeks of flat shoes in my future.

I had such a wonderful day yesterday and a pretty great evening as well.  While at Trader Joe's I bought a couple of those composed salads I love so much.  Last night I had the greens and seeds one with pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, roasted squash and feta cheese.  That was my whole dinner and it was delicious.  Tonight I'm going to have to share the other one - it's also one with seeds and it has quinoa and cranberries.  I made some nice potato leek soup Sunday which will be great with that.

I was just so full of energy last night.  I did laundry and gave Tink two nice long walks and knit on the Hitofude.  I could get to the three needle bind off this weekend if I put my mind to it.  And there's noon knitting today, so that's a whole hour dedicated to it. 

Tomorrow is the first day of spring.  Yay!

No comments: