01 May, 2008

Hoorah Hoorrah the First of May

Oh and it's a nice day too! In fact I rode my bike in with just my bike jacket and shirt - no sweatshirt! And the lilacs in my front yard are just starting to bloom. I am going to miss that tree and I will harvest as many lilacs as I can this year. Although I don't have much time. I am moving this weekend into Mr. M's house. My house is getting close to being ready for the market. One more week should have it ready. And it's just about impossible for me to be living there while it's being shown so off I go into the country. Well okay, it's not really the country but for me, it sure feels like it! My bike ride is going to be over 15 miles each way. I think I might bike 3 times a week and drive in Tuesday and Thursday so I can run on those days. It might be too much to bike all that way AND run. I like to run so this way I can keep my wind up and still not have to commute by car that much. I do not like that. And I absolutely HATE the bus so this could work out quite well. Especially since it's just for a couple months until we find our own place closer in. I'm going to be in great shape by the time we move, that's for sure!

Still forgot to take a picture of my finally finished socks. The ones I've been carrying around since November. They're cute. And instead of finishing Isabella I started another project. I have totally and completely fallen in love with Ella Rae Shibu, a silk yarn that is just too gorgeous. I searched and searched and searched through all my magazines and finally came up with a shrug pattern from some silly magazine that I don't even subscribe to. So many of the patterns I was finding in VK and IK that were written for silk yarn were either too fine of a gauge for this particular yarn or consisted of acres and acres of stockinette stitch. Now while this shrug/cardigan does indeed have a fair amount of stockinette it also has an interesting collar that has a very simple lace pattern that should go well with this yarn. I love it so much I got on Little Knits yesterday and bought some more to make some tank tops out of.

No comments: