29 July, 2009

And hotter

It is crazy! The house was nice and cool yesterday when I got home, thankfully. I stopped on the way home and got Tinkerbell a new "swimming pool" -- actually just a plastic storage bin. But she loves it! As soon as I got it filled up she hopped in. She just stands there, maybe takes a little lick or two. Crazy dog.

I had also stopped to get some Seduce for the Windansea hat. I hadn't read the pattern closely and the needle it calls for - a size 6 16" circular - I do not have. I am using my size 6 Denise needles on the lace knitting and I am loathe to take them off. Besides, the Denise set is not very good at making a viable 16". So if I can't borrow one from one of the knitting ladies I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy one. It's just a rather odd size. Usually a hat is made with a 7 or 8 ... well, at least the hats I do.

Even though I have the doctor's approval to get on the bike it is truly too hot for me. As I said, getting to work would be lovely, but coming home in the heat of the day and going up that hill would be impossible. So rather than drive in again (they raised the PayPerUse parking fee) I thought I'd take the bus this morning. Of course since I have never taken it from home, and only once taken it from work back home, I went down the wrong road heading to the stop and had to walk back, causing me to JUST miss the bus. Just miss as in I was standing on the corner waiting for the walk sign. It was early as well. So I had to sit there beside that busy road for nearly 20 minutes to wait for the next one. Ick

I worked a little bit on Flutter last night since I couldn't start the hat. Let me just rant here a bit about this pattern and well, a lot of patterns by this particular designer. Here is a simple T-shirt really that she has written out in pieces - front, back and two sleeves. There is no reason this can't be done in the round, which is much more efficient. So I re-wrote it so I could do that. And also she has you increasing evenly across your work but doesn't give the count. Now I know how to figure this out or where to go on the internet to use a calculator but a beginner does not know how to do this. This designer has editors. Why in the world can't they just do the math for the pattern? Ridiculous. End of rant.

No comments: