18 November, 2005

Tea Cozy In Progress



I have to put more buttons on, but here are pictures of both sides of the tea cozy as it looks now. Isn't it cute? I thought that was enough with the buttons, but when I stepped back away from it I could see that we need more. Other than that, I am very very pleased with the way it turned out. Very close to the way it looks in the book, which is always a bonus. And I did wash my alpaca sweater in delicate washing soap two nights ago and laid it out to dry. As of yesterday evening it was still damp but I must say, it looks a lot better now that it's been blocked. I think it's going to fit like it is supposed to. I am so lazy when it comes to blocking though and some sweaters I have made really didn't need it. But this one has benefited mightily. Now let's just hope it's not so itchy!!

I spent yesterday in bed with a muscle spasm in my back. I'm better today but no running, just to be on the safe side. Makes me crabby. To not be able to run, I mean. Oh well. I guess there's a good side and a bad side to living alone. At least I can just be crabby and not have to deal with trying to be nice. Tink won't notice. Oh, I'm never crabby with her anyway!!

2 comments:

SylvChezPlum said...

yeah, it does look very similar to the original pic! Didi you say it wasfor a friend ?
And I can't wait to see your finished alpaca sweater. I've decided on a sweater I want to make in the same VK, although I probably won't start on it for a while..

Shelley said...

Hey Sylv -- yes this is for a friend. She wanted to give it to her sister for Christmas and she's leaving in a few days so I had to get it done quickly. I am going to wear the alpaca sweater tomorrow and I'll take a picture for sure. I saw the picture on your blog of the sweater you want to make. It's lovely - I like it too but I like the cropped one as well. Like you, it's going to be a while before I can start anything for myself!