18 December, 2006

The big story

The big story, of course, is the weather here in Seattle and environs. Lucky for me the worst that happened is that my fence blew over. I lost the cable for about 1/2 hour and electricity for less than a minute. Again, very very lucky. There are people who are still without electricity and it's been more than 3 days.

I've been doing a good bit of knitting these days. I opened my big mouth at our staff party last week. My gift was a pair of fingerless mitts - like Fetching only more cables. One woman loved them so much that she wanted to give her daughters each a pair. So ..... guess what I've been knitting on? You got it - here's the first pair nearly done. I will be able to finish the second mitt and start on the second pair. I wanted to have both pairs finished by tomorrow afternoon but I don't think that's going to happen.

The other project I've been working on is the TDR turtleneck with a cabled panel. Here's the very beginning showing one repeat of the cable. I wish I had more time to work on it but with those mitts over my head .... ah well.

And finally as promised a picture of the ugliest gift ever given to me. I still don't know what he was thinking. It could very well be cursed. I keep it wrapped up because I can't stand to look at it. I am just keeping it around to show people and then ... poof! It's going to disappear.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Wow...much uglier than the textmsg picture. Yah, those teeth...(shiver) give me the chills.

Hmmm...I've so shyed away from knitting for those that "ask". It puts such a big weight on ones shoulders. Though, it looks like you will be done in no time at all.

The TDR Turtle neck is looking lovely. That is a "brown" my laptop is showing me, correct? Beautiful work.

I have survived the storm. Though the two trees are awaiting for Kev to get home to do some cutting. More work for the kids and I...we get to stack it. UGH! I am happy to say I spent a glorious 8 hours in the garden between Sat & Sun...that feels good to get so much done.

Off to Portland on Wednesday. Fun, fun. Hopefully the kids appreciate it...it was a bit pricey for a day trip...not counting food and beverages yet.

How did Tink fare during the storm? Good to hear you didn't were out of power for more than a minute. I am so thankful for our woodstove...frying the steaks in the iron skillet on top was a hoot.

Chat soon.