11 December, 2006

This post needs pictures!

I should have taken pictures. I had the time this weekend but just couldn't get motivated. My Secret Pal from SP8 sent a wonderful surprise which I got on Friday when I needed a little boost. A darling card, some super sock yarn and a washcloth and some lip balm and cream. I will surely post a picture!

I can't wait to use that sock yarn - it's gorgeous! I got a bit more done on my first heart lace sock - got the heel turned and I'm almost done with the gusset. I don't think I'll put the lace all the way around the leg though - just in the front and rib the back.

There were two packages on Friday - one a box from Mr. G (who I haven't heard more than 2 words from for weeks!). I was genuinely surprised and when I opened the box, dug through the crumpled paper and found a packaged wrapped in Christmas paper with a card on the front of it, I couldn't help myself. I opened the card. And it said "Something I made for you to burn incense. Love, Greg". Curious-er and curious-er. Should I wait until Christmas morning or open it now? Hmmm? Well of course! I opened it up right then! And OMG -- see I can't even describe it. Here we need another picture. Or two. I will most certainly do that because it is the most amazing and ugly thing I have seen. It actually frightened me a bit. Very bizarre. Very. This thing looks like something you would use in a Voodoo ritual. What ever happened to flowers?

I also started a TDR turtleneck with a cable panel in the front. I have noticed that the back is growing faster than the front because of the pulling in properties of the panel. Now I must decide if I should rip it out and do over, starting with fewer stitches in the back portion, or if I can just start increasing only every second or third time until it evens out. I am torn - on one hand if I rip back I can fix the one cable where I knitted when I should have purled. Not very noticeable but I notice it. On the other hand, I got all tidy minded and have already woven in the ends of the beginning and where I added the 2nd ball of yarn. Major deal ripping that out. What to do?

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

You need to send me a pic of the "thing". Do you even burn incense? It just amazes me that it actually "scared" you. Yep...send me a pic...I promise not to scream...too loudly.

As for the cable sweater..I'd rip it. If its not giving as much as the back, you are not going to be happy with the fit. And..what you've got is up front. :)

Did you see the new Knitty Winter 06? I already started a project from it.

Sherrill said...

LOL...I can textmessage about as good as driving a Nascar. Even Alex said my phone is retarded. So, I was able to send the one word with only hitting the "h" button how many times...the phone had a mind of its own. I was really trying to type "too funny".

I have to ask...do you think drugs were involved? Actually, I believe I have come up with a really good idea...keep it under the bed...instead of a baseball bat, you can club a burglar with it instead. Also, dust bunnies would be too scared to enter the vast wonderland under the bed...as the "thing" would be present.

I didn't scream. Actually opposite...I burst out laughing and I'm still going at it. :) Damn, I may need a crantini to sober up from the laughter.

Thanks for sharing.