13 February, 2008

Oooo I am SUCH a klutz!

Yesterday evening I was taking Tink for her usual walk. It was a bit warmer yesterday and since I had just gotten home from my bike ride I was warm. So my gloves were IN my hands rather than ON them. As I closed the gate my hand slipped off the handle and a splinter went right under my thumbnail! Oooooweeee! We are talking some serious pain here my friends. Poor Tink didn't have a clue what was going on -- what the heck, we're going back in NOW?? I fished the key out of my pocket, got into the house and made a mad dash for the medicine cabinet. The tweezers and Neosporin are right there on the shelf because, as I mentioned before, I am such a klutz. Luck was on my side - I managed to get the end of that splinter and pull it out. It was deep, too. Cleaned it, put the antiseptic on, a band aid and out we went again to finish what we had started. Of course, I closed the door real hard and just as it latched shut I realized that I hadn't picked the key back up where I had tossed it in my mad dash to get the splinter out. Erghghgh Well, I wasn't going to torture the dog any longer. We went for our walk and I tried to figure out how I could break into my own house. I did manage - I'll leave out the details. It's not pretty.

And today - this thumb is really really sore still! It doesn't seem inflamed so I will just assume it's because that sliver was in so deep and hope for the best. At least it doesn't impact my knitting ability.

Speaking of knitting - I didn't get much accomplished last night. Not for lack of trying but it's the project. I'm still working on the raglan increases for my Simple Knitted Bodice. Slow going. Only 8 more rows to go and I can try it on and, hopefully, separate out the sleeves. This is going to be a lovely sweater. Very wearable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I had a similar "one of those days" on Monday (sans splinter). Ouch! How'd you get back in the house? ;)

Jen said...

Yeah, I too an curious how you got back in the house! :) Hope the thumb is feeling better.