19 February, 2008

Why I didn't knit a single stitch Saturday

Here's the deal. I took Friday the 15th off from work because I had to sing Thursday night and I've got vacation time coming out my ears, so why not? We had yesterday off so I made it a four day weekend. Friday I finished up the edging for the first piece of the Mystery Jacket (I must just interject here that I am regretting my color choices. That blue - I think even if Sue had gotten me my original blue I wouldn't be 100% satisfied but my second choice is really WAY too bright for me. Oh well - it'll be something very different for my closet.) I had a hair appointment and also managed to get Tink in for a grooming at the last minute. That was lucky. The BF and I were celebrating our Valentine's Day because we both worked on the 14th. Now frankly, considering the frequency I have been waltzed past jewelry store displays lately I wouldn't have been too surprised if a ring showed up Friday night. But instead he came in with a dozen roses and a gift bag that was just too heavy to be a ring. I was very curious then what it could be because he was so excited and pleased that he could hardly contain himself. I peeked into the bag and saw the Apple logo ... hmmmmm ... took the box out and lo and behold, it is an iPhone! I squealed!! OMG! How cool is that? It is the most awesome gift ever! I absolutely LOVE it! So I spent - no lie - all of my afternoon Saturday downloading stuff and fiddling with it. I had to make myself stop so I could get a little rest before singing Saturday night. I watched an episode of "Lost" on it Sunday. I've got music and pictures ... oh ... really it's just too wonderful! The ring can wait! Although we did shop some on Sunday and he had me trying stuff on. I have to say that that, my friends, is some fun.

Saturday night we had a fabulous night! The club was packed and the crowd was wonderful. As an added bonus the guitar player was NOT high and he actually played all of the songs in the right key. When it's good it's GOOD. There is nothing like it. That's why we go through all the bad stuff - to have a night like that. And on all three breaks I went to the back of the house and played with my iPhone. I am a N-E-R-D.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fabulous V-Day present! Nice going, BF! Have fun with it! I don't have one, but B loves his.