09 September, 2008

Crrrazy busy!

Wow, it has been SO busy! And stressful. Not a good combination by any means. I am hoping by the end of the week things will have calmed down a bit.

The weekend was good and bad. Football = bad. Can't talk about it much but I can say two words -- robbed and beaten. One describes the game on Saturday and the other the Sunday game. Pitiful.

But the weather was absolutely stunning this weekend and we went to the Puyallup Fair! I haven't been to the fair in years and years. I saw the grange exhibits, which I just love! All that produce arranged in a pleasing way. ;-) I wanted to see the knitting but never did find it, nor the quilts. But I did see some amazing collections. For example - not kidding here - a collection of sprinkler heads. Too much. We shared an onion burger, and each had a scone. I did want a corn dog but I just didn't have enough room! We found the beer garden. My DH did find enough room in his stomach for a turkey leg, which he ate during our second stop in the beer garden. And oh the people. Heavens - that's what it's all about. People watching. A slice of Americana. I managed to sniff out the yarn and bought 220 yards of some absolutely gorgeous mohair in peacock colors! I immediately started a scarf with a feather and fan pattern and it's like a peacock tail. Lovely.

Sunday was laundry and laundry and laundry and knitting and football. I had been so busy last week I had let all of the laundry pile up and it took me most of the day to get the pile back down again. I don't mind it though because I can be knitting and doing laundry and feeling like I'm accomplishing something besides being self indulgent.

No comments: