02 September, 2008

1 Project = 1 Lesson

With a nice long weekend to knit I finished up the Trellis Shawl. I sewed the little sleeves onto it last night. Short story - I sewed the sleeves one right side and one wrong side. To take the wrong one apart would be next to impossible. I was so furious at myself I almost threw the thing across the room. It's not obvious because of the boucle yarn. But I know it's that way. My problem was that I couldn't tell the right side from the wrong! I had to look very closely to find where I had woven in ends to ascertain which was the wrong side. But I goofed up anyway. Lesson learned - always mark the wrong side of a garment if it's not obvious. All that work ... errrghghghg. I'll still probably wear it but I'll always know and I won't wear it in public.

I don't know what project I'm going to start next. I do have the Sizzle to finish and as usual a pair of socks on the needles that I'm quite anxious to finish so I can use my Noro sock yarn. I should start some gifts. I have a couple ideas and I was looking through my One Skein book and the Knitted Little Luxuries and even the Scarf book. There is a pair of fingerless mitts that might be nice made out of some gorgeous angora and mohair I bought last time I was in Paris. I do have some cotton to make some bath mitts as well. My nephew wants a "Where's Waldo" hat, much to the chagrin of his wife, I must add. Lots of fun little projects in the works.

Saturday a friend and I went to check out a Labor Day sale at a yarn shop. Of course, being the second day of the say there wasn't that much there and only one thing I couldn't live without, which was Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran at half price. I bought 12 balls in a nice peach-y color. Don't know yet what I'll make out of it but something soft, that's for sure!

No comments: