03 September, 2008

It's nice to get to the place ....

where my favorite go-to cardigan is one I knit myself! In fact I have two that are at the top of my list and both of them I made. I think I'm finally growing up as a knitter and knitting things that I can actually wear (usually) and not just things that look cool in the pictures, which is what I did a lot when I first started out. I still haven't decided which project to start next. I just worked on the socks a bit last night.

I want to be disciplined and finish that Sizzle before I start anything else. There's not much work left to do on it, it's just the dividing of that last ball of yarn in the body dye lot. I need to spend some time with the pattern and figure out where I left off, then do some measuring and probably a few more rows with increases (or decreases ....). Anyway, once I figure that out I can measure the yarn very carefully and with a little luck get the front done in the same dye lot and use the other stuff I got for the trim. But see .. it's a daunting project and I have to be in the mood. That very picky, precise mood.

I have found the route, corroborated by a couple other cyclists yesterday morning and evening. My instincts were correct - to get off Sandpoint Way as much as possible. I don't think that the ride home, up the hill, is really any easier but at least it's off the busy street as much as possible and it seems shorter. That's what counts. And it is definitely safer.

No comments: