24 August, 2017

Day 16 - on the downhill side

We have reached the mid-point of my Whole30 and still we have mostly smooth sailing.  I am not strictly in sync with the timeline but I did experience the bloat at about the time predicted and it was very unpleasant.  It only lasted a couple of days and that's been the worst of the symptoms.  When I sleep it is deeply, but these past few nights again I've had problems falling asleep.  I go to bed when I am yawning, read for a bit and when I stop and roll over I can't fall asleep.  I tossed and turned and finally got up and read in the living room until about 1 am last night.  I was groggy this morning but I will resist a nap this afternoon so hopefully I won't have such a hard time tonight.

I have been experimenting with some new dinner recipes but also I find that my regular go to things, for example Shrimp Fra Diavolo or pot roast, are very easy to adapt.  The things I miss most are bread and cheese.  Oh I can smell bread in my sleep.  But mostly I'm satisfied.  I have however started thinking about what my first non-W30 meal will be.

Ben took a day off yesterday and rented a log splitter and we dug into the stack of rounds that our neighbors gave us when their tree blew down this spring.  He split and I moved and stacked.  We moved the wood pile and now it's up a little incline, which is brutal when stacking but won't be a problem when it's done.  We got all of the new wood stacked and about half of the old pile when we threw in the towel.  I will get stacking again tomorrow.  Today I have a few things to do, like go to the dentist this afternoon and have her look at a crown that shed a bit of its side on the weekend! Like a piece shale - a slab of it fell off!  I am not happy about this.  Do you know how horrible it is to have a crown removed?  They have to crack it with a hammer!  They have to break it out of your mouth.  Not good.  But we shall see what Dr. Fukuda has to day about it.  I would be thrilled if it could be repaired.

Our trip to Las Vegas and Utah is all set and yesterday I did the AirBnb reservations for Reykjavik and  Paris in November.  Now all I have to do is wait.  And dream about cheese.

No comments: