14 August, 2017

Day 6 on Whole30

Well this Whole30 thing has started out very smoothly.  It's not difficult for me because I'm used to cooking and I don't have to prep breakfasts and lunches to take to work.  Also since weight loss is not the primary goal, but a happy by product, there is no measuring or weighing which I appreciate the most.  I haven't had any crazy cravings, I'm sleeping okay but it has been difficult to fall asleep.  Perhaps that is because I've been on steroids for my sinus/ears problem.  That's finished so we'll see how I do tonight.  Would I like to have a martini or a few glasses of wine?  Sure.  But it's not making me crazy.  And sweets aren't really an issue with me and there's always plenty of fruit, especially in summer.  So bottom line - I'm doing okay and feel pretty good, considering.

Considering that I had to go to the urgent care AGAIN last week because my sinuses and ears were STILL congested.  The fact that my  primary care physician is too busy to see me still irks me no end, but whatever.  The doctor at urgent care gave me a course of Prednisone which he said should clear up the inflammation in my sinuses and then my ears should be okay.  However, not the case.  It is wonderful that I can now smell and taste things, but my ears are still plugged and that is making me NUTS.  So I asked for a referral to an ENT doctor, and we'll see how long that takes her to come up with.  I want it taken care of before we fly out in September.

The Seahawks had their first preseason game last night against the Chargers and beat them 48 to 17.  It was a lovely things to behold.

No comments: