03 March, 2008

No I haven't fallen off the face of the earth ...

although there were a few days there where I certainly wanted to. I have been sick. Sick as in I didn't get out of bed for more than a week. As in the first course of antibiotics didn't do a thing and I'm on the second course and still ... yes still ... coughing although I'm at work today. I didn't ride my bike, that's for sure. I don't know where this thing came from but I woke up with a cough on Wednesday February 20th and saw the doctor the next day and I have been sick since then. Wow - 12 days.

And life just kept happening while I was laying around on the couch. Not even knitting until this weekend when I started being able to stay awake for more than a couple hours at a time. Tinkerbell was SUCH a good doggie. The BF would come over every couple days to make sure I had water and soup and to try to engage me in conversation. I was getting a little scared there, to tell you the truth. I kept getting calls from friends who had this relative and that relative go into the hospital with pneumonia and there I was still regularly hacking up my lungs. The doctor was nice enough not to make me come back into the office and prescribed more stuff for me and the cough is calming down some and I can concentrate and walk around and do things so yes I am for sure better. I don't know if I'm going to be able to make my St. Patrick's Day run on the 16th though. If I can be breathing normally by the end of the week and can go up and down my stairs without collapsing then MAYBE I'll be able to train for a week and do it. Well .. I'm not going to obsess about it. If I can do it I'll do it. If not - no big deal. There's another race in April.

So though - HUGE news here. I was right about the engagement ring. I am now officially engaged!!! Oooo now BF stands for Big Fiance. ;-) He wanted to ask me when we went to the ocean [which I did even though I was so sick that I spent the entire time either laying in bed or on the couch of the motel!] but it was not a very romantic setting so he ended up asking me Saturday morning. I guess he felt the need for the actually asking of the question and the answering of the question because he wanted to take me shopping for the ring. He had been tippy-toeing around it before but this time he wanted to be serious about it - lists of stores, etc. Oh it was SO MUCH FUN! I found the perfect ring at the second store we went to but we went to a third just to make sure. By that time I was exhausted so we went back yesterday and picked out the center stone and now I have to wait until the 21st of March to get it!! I snapped some pictures with my iPhone at the jewelery store when the guy had just plopped the stone in there for the look but it's so blurry. I can tell what it is but it just doesn't do it justice. So - more pictures later when I actually get it and can use my good camera.

And knitting news - no pictures today but I did a good bit on my Cascading Cables sweater and then got the first two purl ridges done on the Simple Knitted Bodice and I'm ready to start the waist lace detail. That is going to be a fabulous top.

And I guess that's all I'm sayin' today!!

No comments: