29 August, 2008

My new favorite iPhone App

Often when I'm riding in the car I'll hear a song on the radio and wonder who it is. Either the DJ will not say the name of the song or I'll have to leave before he or she does. But I have Midomi on my iPhone now. If I hear a song and I like it and want to know more I just point it at the speakers and in 10 seconds I have the name of the artist and the song! It's magic! This morning it was Plush by the Stone Temple Pilots. The link here is not the version I was listening to, which was acoustic. The lyrics are kind of icky but I really liked the acoustic version. I guess they're going to be here at Bumbershoot this weekend on Sunday. I'd be tempted to go except I know the weather is going to be crap. My little trip there tomorrow to see Joe Bonamassa will be enough. Let's hope the rain holds off.

I did my best to relax yesterday evening and although I did have a nightmare it wasn't so bad and I managed to wake up before I started screaming. I worked on the Trellis Shawl and I have about 2 more balls to go on the main part. I really do think I can finish that monster up this weekend, especially since the weather is going to be bad and my DH has to work. I'll bribe myself - one hour in the garden each day and other than that, knit knit knit! I do think I'll do one other chore this weekend and that's get the pictures and mirrors positioned for S to put up next week. I can just spread them all out on the floor in the living room and dining room and then decide which wall they go on. And keep my fingers crossed that S doesn't want to bring any of his "art" from his old house. [Oh I know ... I am just so bad!]

Tonight at 7 is the last pre-season football game and I'm going with my nephew and a friend of his. I have tickets for 4 games this year although I have 6 seats. Two of the games I will be taking, probably, my DH and the other two my nephew will be taking a friend. Tonight he's taking a friend. It's too bad though - the Raiders. Not going to be a terrific game since it's the last pre-season but it'll be fun all the same. Then I've got one in October, one in November and one in December! Sweeeeeet!

No comments: