31 July, 2009

I know this could go without saying .....

but oh my goodness, I am SO glad that it's a bit cooler today! Last evening I actually turned off the AC and opened the windows. It is still supposed to be getting hot - predicting nearly 90 again today - but this is a nice respite.

I took the bus again yesterday. Two days is enough for me. I really really hate taking the bus. It's not like taking the Metro in Paris or the Tube in London. It's the bus. Noisy and stinky. And yesterday, the 2nd hottest day of the year, a poor man got on dressed in a shirt, tie and a coat and hat! He was quite obviously impaired somehow and quite a nose full. I have errands after work so I could justify driving in. Monday as well I've got a hair appointment but then on Tuesday I'm getting back on my bike. It will have been a little more than a month. I wonder how long it'll take me to be up to speed.

No knitting last night. I did get the circular needle I need to make that hat but the new Interweave Knits arrived so I indulged myself with an evening of reading. Isn't it funny how priorities change? I used to be such an avid reader. I always had a couple books going AND a few in the queue. But once I started knitting my reading has gone down down down. I do always have a book by my bedside, but the days of spending an entire evening reading seem to be gone. Who knows, I might get back into it someday. And I do keep up with my favorite authors, although they're mostly getting quite old. I'll have to branch out pretty soon.

No big plans for the weekend except to get out into the garden and pull weeds. That's another thing that hasn't been touched for some weeks and it is starting to look like it. I think I can get things spruced back up in a couple hours tomorrow if I start early in the morning before it gets too hot.

No comments: