04 September, 2009

Holiday weekend coming up

The last day of student orientation for us, thank goodness. Tuesday we hit the ground running. I have to be ON my bike by 7 am. erghgh Thankfully it's only for a month or so that I have to get in so early.

Had a pretty darned good run yesterday. Not effortless but I was strong and it was only a 25 minute (rather than the normal 30). Today, my "easy" day, is another 30 minutes and I'm really curious whether my legs are going to hurt or not. I have been very thorough in my pre-run stretching but it's the morning bike ride that I'm more concerned with. There's only one way to find out - and I'll be doing that in an hour or so.

I did not pick up the stitches in that hat last night. I must do it tonight. I was watching the Seahawks beat the pants off the Raiders in their last preseason game. That makes the Seahawks unbeaten in preseason which hasn't happened ... well, I don't think it's ever happened. Must make the new coach pretty darned happy. Let's hope the Huskies come out of the gate as strong as the Seahawks have this year.

Mr. M's son is due this evening for his summer break. He did the summer quarter so now he's got all of September as vacation. *sigh* Well, I do have lots of work for him if he's at all interested in doing something other than sitting around playing on his computer or arguing with his father. I just love having my quiet time in the house when Mr. M is out working and I can sit and knit in the comfy chair and hear ... nothing. That's not going to be happening for a whole long month. Here's another one .... *sigh*

No comments: