03 September, 2009

My stress buster

Last year at this time I was having terrible nightmares. I get stressed out only about once a year, this time, because work is pretty intense. This year I have not had the nightmares! I think it's because I have been playing Mario Kart Wii. I know I know ... it sounds really stupid, but I curse and yell at the other drivers and it's a cathartic experience. The down side is that I've developed a weird callous on the middle finger of my right hand. Almost like a callous from doing a lot of writing. But it's totally worth it. I hated those nightmares.

I am nearly done with the 3rd neck warmer hat, but I found a dropped stitch last night ... wwwaaaay down there about an inch and a half!! It's going to take some skill to pull it back up just right so I put it down. Maybe I can get to it tonight but more likely this weekend.

My run on Tuesday was really good! I felt strong and my legs did not hurt. I'm looking forward to another strong one this afternoon. I am going to try one more time to bike in and run on the Friday but if my legs hurt like they did last Friday then I am going to have to conclude that it's a bit much to bike 8 miles, rest for 3 or so hours and then run. I will probably have to start taking the bus, as much as I hate the idea. AND this Sunday is our first training run so I need to be strong for that one as well.

This weekend is also Bumbershoot. I still haven't decided if I'm going to go. Mr. M has a stage and he wants me to come for a while on one of the days but it's supposed to be raining and I hate crowds. The good side is that if we want to see anything on the Main Stage our passes let us come and go without standing in lines - bonus. But there's still the parking hassle, etc. And I have a huge weekend - unless it's pouring rain I've got to get in the garden on Saturday, get my hair done, do some shopping and then it's the Husky season opener that evening. Sunday I have my morning run and evening rehearsal and in the middle I've got to get other chores done and wash the dog. Ahhh but Monday is a holiday and I was hoping to dedicate the day to my Frost Flowers Shawl. Big plans. We'll see how it plays out.

No comments: