28 August, 2009

No FO

It was just too bloody hot to knit last night. I did really want to finish that hat but I couldn't do it. Maybe tonight. It's supposed to be cooling down and it is much cooler today than yesterday. We might even have some rain on Saturday. I've got to get back out into the garden again but Sunday will work just as well as Saturday, I guess. I'll just postpone the manicure. There's no use getting my nails done before I garden - it's a total waste of time.

I ordered some cashmere from Elann earlier this week. I was sure I had ordered 5 balls each of blue and black but when I opened the package I found blue and plum! I plan on using the blue to make a nice hat and mitts set for my sister's birthday in December and I had planned on using the black to make something luxe for myself. Alas .... I have no black cashmere. I don't know ... maybe I'll use the plum for myself. I should branch out on my color choices more often.

Had a good run yesterday. I still am not totally convinced that it makes any big difference if I drive in or ride my bike when it comes to the strength of my run. Logic tells me that it should make a difference . Today is my "easy" run day and so I biked in. We'll see if it's any harder than yesterday. Another thing I'm concerned with is that I don't over do it and injure myself. I have a feeling that I'm going to need all of the training in order to make it through that 1/2 marathon. If I over do it and get behind, I'm going to be sunk.

No comments: