24 August, 2009

No London trip ... boooo

I spoke to my sister this weekend and she was pretty upset with her company. She's been selling booth space for a licensing show. The one in February was in Las Vegas and the whole London office came over. The one in October she was promised she would go, and I was going to meet up with her and we were going to have a few days, but come to find out they have decided to cut the budget and save a little money so she doesn't get to go, nor do I. She has filed a formal complaint but doubts anything will come of it. We shall see.

I ended up taking Friday as a vacation day since I had plenty and I'm caught up at work. It was a good thing to do and I ended up being able to make a nice party without being all stressed out about it. I gave myself Saturday off - just did a little shopping (using my b'day gift certificates) and watched the Seahawks on TV. The second pre-season game and they won again, this time beating the Broncos.

I've been getting a head start on my holiday knitting, finishing up one neck warmer hat and starting another. They go quickly and are really cute and useful. I've also joined up with another silly knitting contest. This one is call Hat Wars. It looks like it's going to be a blast!!

Rehearsal was cancelled on Sunday due to the bass player having the flu(!!), so I worked in the garden for a couple hours and did chores and knit. Typical Sunday. Dinner was lovely. One of Mr. M's clients had caught some salmon which we grilled on cedar planks and had fresh from my garden corn and a caprese salad with my tomatoes and basil. Funny thing about the tomatoes - I believe the plants must have caught some sort of thing because they have hardly produced any fruit compared to my neighbor's plants and the ones we had last year. I'm going to be more careful picking out the plants next year.

No comments: