31 August, 2009

More work on the Frost Flowers Shawl


I got to spend a good three hours on Saturday and another hour or so on Sunday working on the Frost Flowers Shawl. I have finished the first 15 rows, moved the markers for the corners and repeats and done another two rows. I did have one little problem - I had stopped during the row when I was moving the markers to their new positions and when I picked it back up on Sunday I didn't realize exactly where I was. I ended up having to tink back about 20 stitches but amazingly enough I got it right! Here is a close up. There were a couple weekends when I didn't get much done so I am pretty happy I was able to spend so much time on it this weekend.

I still haven't rehearsed with our new bass player. I didn't hear from the leader on Saturday so I just assumed we weren't rehearsing and made other plans. Then he calls me at 5 pm Sunday ... uh no .. sorry, I can't make it. I HATE being called at the last minute. He was pretty mad because I guess the drummer was supposed to call me earlier in the week. Oh well - next Sunday.

Mr. M has been suffering with a cold for a few days. He never gets sick so you can imagine what's it like at my house. *sigh* I just keep him doped up with daytime and nighttime cold medicine. That man will NOT rest though! What is up with that? Stay in bed!! No, he'd rather be out there spreading his germs around.

I had a pretty decent run on Friday and it would have been really good, actually, except my thighs were just killing me! I believe I need to strengthen my medial quads. I was a bit achy on Saturday as well but I think that's because I was wearing such high heels. I am going to keep the heels to a minimum for a while and keep my fingers crossed that my legs get stronger. My wind was fine and that's good.

The weather is gorgeous but it's predicted to start raining later this week. Bumbershoot is this coming weekend. I don't have to go and probably won't especially if it's raining. Mr. M, on the other hand, has a stage to run. Ick

No comments: