26 March, 2009

It could have been worse

The root canal procedure was not too bad. It took a fairly long time. I was in there from noon until 2:30. The dentist was skilled and the pain was minimal, considering. He was pretty confused at first, as was my dentist. Typically when one has a tooth in need of a root canal there is significant infection involved. But neither of them could detect any infection with their normal tests for that type of thing, but the cold test sent me through the roof so there was something definitely wrong. After he got in there he saw that the tooth had sustained some trauma at some point and the blood vessels had calcified due to that trauma and were squeezing the nerve. I was pretty drained and worn out yesterday afternoon and evening but today I woke up feeling like a million! It's astonishing how much that pain was affecting me. I'm still a little sore today but it's much much much better.

I even worked a bit on the skirt, between Mario Kart and LOST. Ooo, Lost last night -- what an ending!! What next?

I have lots of work to do today and so I'd better get on with it.

No comments: