30 March, 2009

Yeah baby!

I finished the skirt, ran it through the rinse and got it blocked last night. Wow, doing that ruffle and then binding off took ages and ages and AGES!. The ruffle was only 11 rows long, but done on around 500 stitches. Then the bind off has you casting on one stitch, binding off 2 all the way around, which means I bound off 1000 stitches. Totally worth it - it is just too cute! I will take pictures after it dries. I hope I didn't block it too aggressively. I tried it on before I got it wet and it was fine around the hips but I did pull it out a little more after it was through rinsing and it look quite large laying on the bed. I don't mind if it's not skin tight around the bum really. I want it to have lots of motion and I believe it will.

I had all best intentions of getting in the garden Friday but the weather was just plain awful! That's spring for you. It didn't get decent again until Sunday and after taking Tink for a long walk at the off-leash park I was just completely into finishing up my skirt and doing a week's worth of laundry. So, that's what I did. I didn't get done until after 6 pm last night, but I even finished up the I-cord, which is tedious in the extreme. Now comes the fun part - deciding on my next project. And in the meantime I have my socks and several hibernating WIPs.

My root canal tooth is still a bit sore. I can't chew or bite down with it. I am hoping this is normal and not an indication of complications. If it's still sore Wednesday I will call. In the meantime I eat soft food.

My DH was asking why I keep an extra blanket at the end of the bed, now that the weather is getting a bit warmer. Well, I still get cold sometimes during the night and I like to have it to pull up in those instances. He wants to know why I don't just cuddle up to him. And this of course would be the normal thing to do because he is like a hibachi! But, he's also a thrasher! Boom! Just out of nowhere! I have to keep my distance. Friday night I got kicked in the knee and just barely defended myself against a vicious forearm to the mouth. I should get hazard pay.

No comments: