27 March, 2009

Last Friday before Spring Quarter

I worked super extra hard and long so that I could justify taking today off so that I could spend a good portion of it in the garden - or at least the front garden - doing some clean up. DH mowed the lawn, front and back, yesterday and even though we're going to have to get a crew in for cleanup in the back I feel I can take care of the front. According to the weather report this is the only day we're supposed to get some sun for the foreseeable future. Here it is 9 am -- still overcast and I do believe it's sprinkling as well. Dang!! Well I still have work to do on one of the sites so I'll just sit here and do it until the weather can behave itself.

I have about 20 more rows to go on my skirt and I'm already thinking what's next, even though I do still have my Rockstar Jacket and a pair of socks languishing in their respective baskets and bags. I have a little windfall that I have earmarked for yarn, but it's not really enough to buy a sweater's worth of what I want next, Kochoran, so I'm thinking I might make this organic wrap by Jane Thornley. That way I can use lots of gorgeous stash yarn AND buy some really luxe stuff as well - a little cashmere and some angora maybe. I love the pink and green one. I will incorporate more purples and greens and I've got some Hana Silk in a beautiful ... well I guess it's a peacock blue.

My mouth was still very sore last night but I again work up feeling great. Here's hoping I have an entire day without that pain!!

No comments: