17 March, 2009

Spring is THAT close

I could hear the blackbirds along the trail this morning. They nest in the blackberry bushes and I love their birdsong. That says "spring" to me, even more than the fickle weather or the cherry blossoms. The headwinds were quite strong but at least it wasn't raining (or snowing). I woke up to rain and had myself all set to get soaked on the way in, but I lucked out. Oh, it's raining now and I doubt my luck will hold up so that I have a dry ride home. I think that's too much to ask.

When I logged on to Ravelry this morning I had a message from a woman in Portland -- no one I know -- who had a question on how many stitches to use to turn a heel. She is making matching socks for her and her toddler. I was flattered. I still can't figure out how she decided that I was the one to ask, but I did have an answer for her.

It's 6:30 pm in Paris now. I have a friend who owns an Irish pub there and I would imagine it's wall to wall people already. I am so homesick.

No comments: