31 March, 2009

How NOT to start the day

Doesn't it seem like I've been having particularly bad luck lately? First my ankle, then my tooth and this morning I slammed my finger in a drawer! I got it good. It was bleeding! I don't think it's going to impact my knitting, thank goodness. I am typing this and it's okay so as long as it doesn't get infected, we're good.

That put me off, of course, and so I dithered around in front of my closet forever trying to figure out what to wear today. I mean how hard can it be, right? But sometimes it's nearly impossible to pick something. I already know what I'm going to wear tomorrow though -- my new skirt! I will try it on with several tops tonight so I can just toss it in the pack tomorrow. It's noon knitting tomorrow you see. I have to wear it.

I turned the second heel on my current socks last night but since I'm switching the colors - toe, instep, heel, cuff, I decided to wait until I had some quiet time to do the color switching and picking up of gusset stitches. Then it'll be TV knitting.

I bought the pattern for the Organic Wrap yesterday. I still haven't totally committed to it. It is in fact an awfully lot like the Hemlock Ring Blanket I made, except it's a wrap. I did enjoy it so I will most likely make it since I have some gorgeous bits and bobs of yarn that can only be used for this type of "stash busting" garment or project.

No comments: