14 September, 2006

And they slept!

Yay! The doggies slept like they had been playing all day ... which of course they probably had! I was very thankful we didn't have another restless night like Tuesday night. I only woke up because it was raining so hard! Pouring! The dogs had taken about half of the dog toys outside last night and so I had a yard full of soggy stuffed animals and tug toys. I love having two dogs around though.

There was no knitting yesterday except for the hour at lunchtime with my knitting ladies. My nephew surfaced after a few months fishing in Alaska and he's staying around for a while and staying with me for the time being! I love having him around. He's sweet and funny and loves my cooking. When I asked him what he wanted for dinner last night, saying I'd cook him whatever he wanted, all he said was "Shell, everything you cook is great. Just no fish!" So I cooked up a couple steaks ... a huge treat for me ... and we watched football and South Park and Family Guy episodes I had recorded for him on the DVR. Now that's entertainment!! Today he's going to take Dad around on some pre-op errands. I hope. His cell phone isn't operating yet and I don't have a land line at home to call him so I am hoping he remembered to set his phone alarm.

As I said it was raining hard last night and this morning as well. But as luck would have it, it pretty much stopped at 7:30 when I got on my bike to ride to work. I was very grateful because I hate wearing those stupid rain pants. Not only do they look ugly but they're uncomfortable when it's the least bit warm. Anyway, I got onto the campus and was about half way through when my tire started making a strange noise and I got off the bike - flat tire. Normally that wouldn't be a problem because there is a bike shop here on campus but they're closed until fall quarter starts, which isn't until the 25th of September. So. I'm screwed. No phone to call Omar to have him come pick me up. Maybe I can get my bike to the shop down the street .... I'll make a call. Keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't start pouring rain again.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Where's a white knight on a bike when a girl needs him? Hopefully you can get your tire fixed before fall qtr begins. Ah, the rain just made it down this way, AFTER the soccer game. "A" scored a point about 30 seconds into the second half. Yeah for the shot and yeah that they didn't lose, but tied 2 - 2. Three girls piled into A's car (with me driving) so burgers and fries for a long, rainy ride home.

Have a great weekend.