06 September, 2006

My strrrrange neighbors

Yesterday morning as I was biking down my street I saw my next door neighbor out walking. This was early - like 7:30 am. He is usually a night owl, getting up and out as I'm coming home from work, typically. If I get up in the middle of the night I can many times hear him playing his flute or guitar or something. He and his wife have lived next to me ever since I've lived there, which is since December of 1992. Also I had heard what I assumed was his wife leave the house even earlier. Anyway, I called out to him and said, "Boy, you're up early!". His reply? "Well enjoy it because it's going to be the last time you see it". I was taken aback. Now quite honestly, he's not a pretty man, so I don't know what exactly I was supposed to be enjoying, right? It is the way his paunch bounces as he walks down the street? The cute, greasy little rat tail hanging off the back of his head? What was I supposed to be enjoying??!!!

When I first lived there I would hear them fighting something awful. I heard things hitting the walls, screaming and shouting. And then they quieted down. She works. He smokes pot and sleeps all day, from what I can tell. I hope this means he's leaving and she's staying. She's nice, although pretty quiet.

Not much knitting done last night. I got the new Knit1 and went through that. Nothing that I am dying to make but I like looking at patterns. I'm not all that crazy about knitting stuff in Lyon Brand Yarns, mind you. The the patterns are sometimes cute.

I've got to get my run in early so I can meet and knit at lunch. I brought my toe up sock.

No comments: